Friday, January 9, 2009

The New Year and a new part!

I am T minus 2 hours and 23 minutes until the first FULL FIVE day work week is over for the new year. And this is what I am doing, blogging. But just a quick line to say its been a good week. A little slow at work but that has given me a chance to stay ahead of the paperwork monster that is my life. I have tried to implement some new habits like MAKING myself do certain things and then rewarding myself afterwards. This blogging would be an example of what happens after a reward, I keep rewarding and just plain induldge. Before you know it no more work is getting done. I am such a child. Therefore I chose to give myself tough love and no more rewards. I am still trying to figure out how I can be efficent and sane at my job. This is probably a life long skill that will take me years to figure out. For me its really REALLY a big change, to be proactively productive. So the longer this blog goes and the more I write there is a mixture of feelings, old shameful stuff that shakes it finger in my nose telling me I am bad and should get back to work. A rebel is present also that says #@#& you shameful part I'm still typing and we're gonna keep typing forever! But I have to acknowlegde there is a new part that is present. A much quieter smaller newer part that says it feels good to do work and feel ahead of that paperwork monster. And typing on the blog (right now while avoiding paperwork) doesn't feel as good as it used to.
Hello little guy, I'm glad you are here. I need you. Keep talking.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Parts? What are parts? I don't get it. But I do get avoiding paperwork and BLOGGING. I just spent over an hour trying to get this 'subscribe to posts' thing up and running on ours. I should get paid for this.

Liza Young Photography said...

you need to post again... i like keeping up with the B's life :)

The Shepards said...

YAY! IFS on yourself. Dick would be proud. I have an $%^%#@ part, too. That's why my middle initial is F.

Spaghetti Head said...

thanks for the comments. i'll resume posting ASAP. what to say, what to say:)