Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Another one about my Mamaw

If you’ve ever met her you would know she is worthy of many a blog posts.


Growing up my brother and I would spend almost every Friday night with her and my papaw. She would take us to her house right after school. On the way there she would stop to get a paper. She wanted us to get it out of the machine at the store, so exciting as a kid. Even more exciting was that she would sing “The song” as we go close. I have no idea what tune to liken it to. Ask me someday and I’ll sing it for you. I swear.





"DeLena’s getting the Chattanooga News

Chattanooga News, Chattanooga News

DeLena’s getting the Chattanooga News

Chattanooga News Free Press



She’s a gettin’ it for her Mamaw

For her mamaw for her mamaw

She’s a gettin’ t for her mamaw

The Chattanooga News Free Press."

 
It felt so special to hear my name in a song. And sung by my Mamaw who could, even then, sing the phonebook and you’d buy the record/albulm/mp3.


Very, very, sweet and special lady.

No comments: