Wednesday, July 21, 2010

From the Archives "A Funny Thing Happened"

*This post never got published  (from December) and I was working with this same group today and thought it would be more than appropriate to fill you in ...


ORIGINAL POST


A funny thing happend
on the way to the store, okay not the store but it was funny. I was at work actually (boo! down with the power!) and I was covering for someone in our elderly program (think grandparents with mobility and attitude) for maybe like one hour. To fully appreciate what transpired in that time I need to fill you in on the last time I saw this group. It was a month or so ago when my sweet hubby was covering for this program and I brought him lunch. Apparently these old ladies had sniffed out that we were married prior to my appearance and had been telling him all morning about how he should get me pregnant. Literally HOW. Thanks for your help grandmas but I don't remember anything about rain, a tin roof and 3AM in sex ed. Thanks but um, that's ok. All day they implored "You better take her home, its raining, its a good day today." They of their own volition decided that we should reproduce. The way old people can just tell you what to do, boss you around, and get all up in your business. Geez!


So




Elderly woman#1: "Do you have any news to tell us?"


Me: looking confused and at the other staff member for some assistance as to what they could be referring to I'm thinking like gossip at the main building or something "No not really. Not a lot happening."


Staff member: "No they mean if you're preganant."




Me: "No, uh, nope" I'm still confused at this point and wondering why in the world they are asking me this. Believe it or not is not a common quesiton I get from them, or anyone.




Elderly woman #1: "Really are you sure, you look all spread out."




Me: Open face gaping




Ederly woman #2: " Yeah, well its been raining for days now. Whach y'all been doing?


Obviously not what you have been grandma- eeewwwwwwwwww gross.


No comments: